It's always been amazing to me how many people willingly bash ideas they know nothing about. They absorb the opinions and pronouncements of others and refuse to think for themselves. That is what I've always found so difficult to accept about religions that are centered around any kind of authority system.
Recently I've been digging into texts I've always meant to read and never got around to even owning. Among these are:
The Federalist Papers
The Collected Writings of Thomas Paine
The Book of Mormon
The Bible
The Nag Hammadi Scriptures
The Flower Ornament Scripture
The Origin of Species
The Wealth of Nations
Yes, I am famous for reading many books at once. It actually helps when you start seeing connections between books, even those not intended to be addressing the same subject. More posts on this blog will follow which will detail some of the more interesting parallels between these and other works I have in my possession.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment